THE CITY IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS IN AREA 9 ONLY. At this time the program has been put on hold pending funding. We can still accept applications if you are in area 9. If you would like to help us obtain funding, we would appreciate your letters of support for the program. You can mail the letters to the Planning Department PO Box 1927 Muskogee, OK 74402.
The City of Muskogee is implementing a new plan to help stabilize and redevelop neighborhoods within Muskogee’s original town site. The goal of this plan is to protect the value of the investment you have in your home by providing matching funds to homeowners for exterior home repairs. The plan is a multiyear program targeting specific geographical areas each year. This approach should make a visible impact that you can see and profit from.
The plan is an emphasis on neighborhood cleanup, property maintenance, weed and trash abatement, and housing demolition. The City will work to achieve these goals by concentrating code enforcement activities in the target areas. Additionally, there will be efforts to redevelop vacant lots so these properties will be maintained and become an asset to the neighborhood. We hope you will take this opportunity to reinvest in your property and our community.
How to Qualify?
- The Applicant must own (have the deed in their name) and live in the the house.
- The Applicant must be in the low to moderate income bracket and be located in the target areas.
- The outside of the property must be clean and well maintained. Signs of high weeds/grass, trash, overgrown shrubs or other code violations will be grounds for rejecting the application.
- The City may reject an application if the cost to repair the structure exceeds the appraised value of the house.
- Applications can be obtained from the Planning Department Office or downloaded from the area at the top of the page. The application form can also be downloaded from the Planning Department Downloadable Forms.
- Applications will be ranked based on an established point system and grants awarded based on available funds.
Qualifying exterior repairs:
- New Roofs
- Exterior Painting or Siding
- Foundation Repairs
- Structural Repairs
- Replacement of Doors and Windows
- New Driveways
Qualifying Income Guidelines (issued by HUD effective 2018)
- 1 PERSON $31,700
- 2 PERSONS $36,300
- 3 PERSONS $40,850
- 4 PERSONS $45,350
- 5 PERSONS $49,000
- 6 PERSONS $52,650
- 7 PERSONS $56,250
- 8 + PERSONS $59,900
REHABILITATION APPLICATION 2018
Rehabilitation Brochure Area 9