We welcome you as a customer to the City of Muskogee Water, Sewage, Stormwater, and Sanitation Departments, and would like to acquaint you with some of our policies and procedures.
- Office hours for the Water Department are: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Mon - Fri)
Billing Office: 918-682-6602
After Hours Emergency Service: 918-684-6380 NOTE: A $65.00 fee may apply.
After Hours, Weekends, and Holidays --- there will be a $65.00 after hours fee charged to your account if the problem is on your side of the meter. After Hours begins at 4:30 p.m. and ends at 8:00 a.m. the next business day.
- When starting a new utility account, a deposit is required. Application may be made in person, via email, or by telephone only by the person in whose name the account will be held. Photo identification and a rental agreement or proof of ownership or purchase is required! There will be an activation fee of $10.00 applied to the first bill.
- Deposits are returned at the end of service. Refund checks will be made to the account holder only.
- When transferring an account from one location to another, a $10.00 fee is applicable. Your utility account must be current before services can be transferred.
- Utility bills are expected to be paid by 5:00 p.m. on the due date, which is approximately 21 days from the bill date. Payments received after 5:00 p.m. on the due date are assessed a 10% penalty and will be subject to cut off within seven (7) days. If you feel you have not received your bill in a timely manor, contact the billing office at 918/682-6602 for a duplicate copy. There is a .50¢ charge to your account for each duplicate bill. Failure to receive your bill does not exempt a utility account from late fees and/or interruption of services and applicable fees.
- Pay plans may be available if requested before the scheduled cut off date. Accounts are allowed two (2) pay plans per year with a four (4) month interval between plans. Only the account holder will be allowed to authorize a pay plan. Failure to comply with all or part of agreement will result in the removal or locking of the meter with a $25.00 removal or lock fee and a $25.00 reset or unlock fee and results in ineligibility of future pay plans for a 12-month period. Payment of the entire pay plan amount is required to restore service. We reserve the right to refuse Pay Plan arrangements based on past payment history. No pay plan will be issued for balances under $25.00.
- A $25.00 service charge will be made for handling of all dishonored checks or dishonored auto draft payments and may result in immediate interruption of water service.
- If service is disrupted for non-payment, the following charges are applicable:
- a) $10.00 for cut off and $10.00 for restoration.
b) $25.00 to remove or lock meter and $25.00 to reset or unlock
c) $65.00 to restore, reset or unlock after normal working hours
d) $100.00 if there is evidence of tampering with water meter or equipment. This fee is to cover cost of service and equipment.
- Service Technicians are prohibited to accept payment for utility bills.
- Our Payment Center is located at 113 S. 3rd Street (across from the Police Department.) For payments after hours, there is a night drop located at the Payment Center or a Payment Kiosk located in the foyer of the Police Department.